January 25, 2012

What I Use: Wolfram|Alpha Computational Knowledge Engine

Wolfram|Alpha Computational Knowledge Engine is a sleeping giant. It is a different service than the typical search engine by organizing the knowledge it provides. That basic synthesis helps make sense of the Internet's informational fire-hose tendency.

Wolfram|Alpha is an intergal part of my workflow as a trusted source for specific knowledge. That knowledge is more important to my work than just facts. One specific example to Matlab programming is finding the precise RGB values by simply typing in the common name. It also provides fact-based context, either to generate ideas or frame conversations. It is a great service that is getting better. I have seen the consistent and continuous improvements in the both breath and depth of the service during the time I have used it.

A good place to start is the examples page.

No comments:

Post a Comment